Enterprise, Application, & Infrastructure Services (EAIS) is a third level support group that has a wide variety of duties in support of the University's servers and systems.
- Host the enterprise Windows and Linux-based servers (Dell and virtual)
- Manage authentication services (Active Directory and Linux LDAP)
- Support University Oracle and Microsoft SQL databases
- Support enterprise applications (MyFSU, Banner, Blackboard, and the list goes on!)
- Use reporting tools to create custom reports
We are proud to be a part of the foundation of Ferris State University to provide a great educational and working environment for our students, faculty, and staff.
There are five teams that make up EAIS, each has its own functional specialties:
- Are responsible for working with customers to upgrade, enhance, and analyze FSU's enterprise and department applications
- Are responsible for the support of Banner, MyFSU, WebFocus, Kronos and approximately 50 other applications
- Are responsible for EAIS project management
- Are responsible for enterprise wide reporting
- Are responsible for website application support
- Are responsible for integration between applications
- Are responsible for the data center
- Are responsible for Active Directory
- Are responsible for the Storage Area Network
- Are responsible for quoting out, adding, moving and decommissioning hardware
- Are responsible for implementing and monitoring backups
- Are responsible for implementing and monitoring the virtual environment
- Are responsible for the support of enterprise email/calendaring
- Are responsible for the application support of Blackboard including all upgrades
- Are responsible for all of the associated Building Blocks (add on modules to Blackboard) including all upgrades
- Are responsible for Tegrity installation, support, and upgrades
- Are responsible for the automation and manual creation of all course shells in Blackboard
- Are responsible for working directly with both faculty, staff, and student customers related to Blackboard and its associated applications
- Are responsible for managing the Blackboard website
- Are responsible for all in-house database installation, configuration, and administration
- Are responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
- Assist in the installation and patching of vendor supported applications
- Are responsible for repairing hardware
- Are responsible for identifying data retention for backups
- Provide campus wireless, Internet and intranet services
- Maintain the campus video, voice and data infrastructure
- Provide traditional, VoIP and cellular telephone services
- Provide cable television service
- Support specialized instruments for campus clinics
- Administer the campus carding system for Dining Services and building security
Name Number Title Office Bouvrette, Jacob (231) 591-5338 Senior Systems Administrator WES-121C Burdick, John (231) 591-3692 Applications Database Analyst WES-214 Claerhout, Scott (231) 591-2404 Process Automation Specialist WES-205 Cook, Jim (231) 591-3565 IT Projects Manager WES-213 Costello, Steven (231) 591-5617 Mobile Application Specialist WES-208 DePew, Mike (231) 591-2073 >Coordinator of Applications WES-217D Frebes, Pat (231) 591-3108 Senior Application Database Analyst WES-201 Hilliker, Jim (231) 591-2687 Systems Administrator WES-121E Johnston, Rob (231) 591-3687 Application Analyst MCO-140J Keusch, Kris (231) 591-2136 Senior IT Application Analyst WES-203 Lewis, Lynn (231) 591-2148 Junior Systems Administrator WES-121D McGough, Pat (231) 591-3533 Systems Administrator WES-121A Monfils, Greg (231) 591-2935 Network Technician WES-108 Rayburn, Andy (231) 591-5355 IT Application Analyst WES-209 Rendel, Lori (231) 591-2142 Coordinator of Architecture WES-121B Roach, Craig (231) 591-2933 Coordinator WES-104 Snow, Amber (231) 591-2818 IT Application Analyst WES-212 Steffens, David (231) 591-2720 Database Administrator WES-210 Strunk, Jerry Network Engineer FSU GR Verrill, Karl (231) 591-2934 Telecommunications Technician WES 112 Waanders, Sean (231) 591-2146 Senior Systems Administrator WES-121A Walles, Robert (231) 591-5388 Network Engineer WES-114 Wilk, Mark (231) 591-5348 Process Automation Specialist WES-215 Williams, Ralph (231) 591-2149 Director of Enterprise & Application Services WES-107
For more information about Blackboard specifically, please go to our Blackboard Webpage.
For more information about WebFOCUS reporting, please go to our WebFOCUS Reporting Webpage.
For more information about our Ferris Go Mobile App, please go to our Ferris Go Webpage.
For more information about eduroam, please go to the eduroam webpage
If you have any questions about our services please contact the IT Solution Center at 231-591-4822.