Welcome to the First Lady's Attic
Do you need a suit or other professional business clothes to wear to an interview or class presentation? The First Lady's Attic will ensure that all Ferris students can dress for success with a wide range of professional clothing, including suits, shirts, blouses, dress pants, skirts/dresses, blazers, and various accessories.
During the Summer 2022 semester, please contact us at [email protected] or 231-591-3946 to schedule an appointment to shop. We will have regular operating hours starting the Fall 2022 semester.
As a student, you can visit and select one complete outfit per year for FREE. You can come back as many times as needed to find and put together that perfect look. We are located in University Center Room 134.
Whether in-person or virtual, we want you to feel your best during your presentation or interview. Here are some tips on what to wear:
- Choose dark or neutral colors
- Suit, Dress, or Blazer and Pant or Skirt
- A skirt/dress should cover thighs when seated
- Dress shirt that coordinates with your suit/pants/skirt
- Dress shoes with socks or hosiery
- Little or no jewelry
- Light make-up, perfume, cologne
- Portfolio or briefcase
- Don’t forget to make sure everything fits appropriate, is clean and free of wrinkles
First Lady's Attic is accepting donations of all new and gently-used professional attire, including items such as:
- Dress shirts and blouses
- Dress pants and skirts
- Ties, scarves, belts, jewelry, purses and briefcases
Drop off your charitable and tax-deductible donation to Pete’s Cleaners at:
115 Hemlock Street
Big Rapids, MI 49307
Just mention First Lady's Attic, and Pete's Cleaners will take care of the rest.
For more information about First Lady's Attic please e-mail [email protected] or call (231) 591-3946.