Information Technology Services
805 Campus Drive
Big Rapids, MI 49307
IT Solution Center
Phone: (231) 591-4822
Toll Free: (877) 779-4822
Banner 9 is coming to Ferris in May 2018!
The upgraded internet-native Banner experience will result in an improved user interface and navigation experience.
Processes currently conducted in Banner 8 INB will be the same in Banner 9, the primary change will be how users navigate the system. Other highlights include:
- An improved search functionality that allows for searches by page name, process or
function, and side navigation folders.
- Color-coded notifications that are more informative and visible.
- Admin Page (Forms) names will not change (ex. SPAIDEN).
- Related pages are easier to find and access.
NOTE: Self-Serve Banner is not changing at this time.
Implementation begins the week of May 14, 2018.
Up to date information can be found in MyFSU:
Employee Tab > My Workplace > Banner 9 Portlet
In the Portlet you can get a video sneak peek of the Navigation from Ellucian.
New keyboard shortcuts for Banner 9 are also in the Portlet. Save them today so you are ready for the transition.
Information Sessions covering the Banner 9 Admin Pages (formerly INB) will be held in April and May 2018.
Dates and times will be announced soon.
Presented by: Nicole Lintemuth, Finance & Gabi Hagen, Disbursements
If you use Banner INB, you won't want to miss this session! Banner 9 implementation starts on May 9th. All Banner INB users are encouraged to attend one of the information sessions.
Location: University Center room 202C
- April 24th from 3:00 to 4:00 pm
- April 25th from 11:00 am to noon
Via Bb Collaborate. These sessions are intended for off-campus personnel.
- May 3rd from 2:00 to 3:00 pm
- May 8th from 9:00 am to 10:00 am
Location: KCAD, 17 Fountain Street, room 212
- May 16th from 1:00 to 2:00 pm
- June 13th from 2:00 to 3:00 pm
During this session, you will have an opportunity to see the new Banner 9 interface and explore the navigation differences between Banner 8 and Banner 9 INB. Tips and tricks will be shared that will make the transition easier for you.
Anyone with a disability who needs special accommodations to attend this event should call 231-591-2112 at least 72 hours in advance.
Wednesdays are Banner 9 Days
One way to help the implementation teams identify system issues, and work to resolve them, is to dedicate one day each week where all Banner users are only using Banner 9. With this in mind, Wednesdays have been declared Banner 9 Day beginning this week. On this day we ask all users to access only Banner 9 and report any issues to the IT Solution Centerat 231-591-4822 or [email protected] for IT services to address.
Things to Know About Banner 9 Admin Pages
Thank you to those who are actively using the Banner 9 system and reporting issues they encounter to the IT Solution Center. At present, the following issues are actively being addressed by IT services:
- Currently, your account will log out after 30 minutes if you do not go beyond the
opening screen. For longer uninterrupted access you need to go to a page (e.g., SAAADMS
- All users are timed-out after 3 hours of access.
- The Xtender tool used to add notes to a document only works in Internet Explorer. If notes need to be added to an Xtender document, you will need to use Banner 8 until this issue is resolved later this summer.
IT Core Service Support is Available 8am - 5pm
Information Technology Services