The Personal Counseling Center provides a place where students can have conversations
with licensed counselors who provide a supportive and understanding environment.
- Short-term therapy services are available to currently enrolled students who reside
in Michigan. To schedule an appointment, call (231) 591-5968 or send an email to [email protected].
- Clients who do not currently reside in Michigan or are not registered for the current
semester can find providers throughout the United States at Psychology Today or internationally using the International Therapist Directory.
Students seek counseling for a variety of concerns including:
- relationship struggles
- identity concerns
- traumatic events
- suicidal thoughts
- drugs and alcohol
- family problems
- adjustment to college life
- anything that causes the student to struggle or doubt
The Personal Counseling Center is offering both in person and teletherapy for currently
enrolled students residing in Michigan.
- Any student who wishes to schedule an appointment for services should call the Personal
Counseling Center at 231-591-5968 or email [email protected].
- After contacting the Personal Counseling Center, the required pre-appointment paperwork
will be made available to you on the Healthy Dog Patient Portal.
- Once all paperwork is complete, you will call the Personal Counseling Center to schedule
an intake appointment.
The Personal Counseling Center does not call students to initiate care; students must
voluntarily request services. In our experience, students are uncomfortable and anxious
receiving an unsolicited call from an unknown counselor.
There are certain times during the year that student demand is higher and may cause
a delay in scheduling.
Virtual Tour of the Counseling Center
The Personal Counseling Center is located in the Birkam Health Center. With our virtual
tour of the Health Center, you can easily find your way around and make sure you're
aware of all of our building's accessibility features.