The Personal Counseling Center provides a place where students can have conversations
with licensed counselors who provide a supportive and understanding environment.
We are offering both in person and teletherapy appointments.
How to Schedule an Appointment
- Call (231) 591-5968, email [email protected], or stop by the office
- If you contact the Personal Counseling Center by phone or email, the required pre-appointment
paperwork will be made available to you on the Healthy Dog Patient Portal.
- If you stop by the office you will have the option to complete the required pre-appointment
paperwork on site or through the Healthy Dog Patient Portal.
- On the Healthy Dog Patient Portal scroll to Upcoming Appointments and complete the
forms attached to the FAKE Saturday appointment. There are two forms you will need
to complete prior to an appointment being scheduled.
- Once all paperwork is complete, please call or stop by the Personal Counseling Center
to schedule an intake appointment.
The Personal Counseling Center does not have online appointment scheduling through
the Healthy Dog Patient Portal, please call or stop by the office to schedule. If
you schedule a Mental Health visit online through the Healthy Dog Patient Portal,
it is with a provider in the Birkam Health Center.
Students seek counseling for a variety of concerns including:
- relationship struggles
- identity concerns
- traumatic events
- suicidal thoughts
- drugs and alcohol
- family problems
- adjustment to college life
- anything that causes the student to struggle or doubt
The Personal Counseling Center does not call students to initiate care; students must
voluntarily request services. In our experience, students are uncomfortable and anxious
receiving an unsolicited call from an unknown counselor.
There are certain times during the year that student demand is higher and may cause
a delay in scheduling.
Virtual Tour of the Counseling Center
The Personal Counseling Center is located in the Birkam Health Center. With our virtual
tour of the Health Center, you can easily find your way around and make sure you're
aware of all of our building's accessibility features.