December 2020 Commencement
Saturday, December 19, 2020
Virtual Commencement - View our virtual commencement details here!
* In light of state and federal recommendations regarding large events due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), we regret to inform you that the December 2020 Commencement ceremonies have been changed to a virtual event. While this news is disappointing, the health and safety of everyone who would be attending is most important. We will commemorate the achievements of our graduates through a Virtual Commencement on Saturday, December 19,2020. Additionally, graduates who would have participated in the May 2020 and December 2020 ceremonies will be invited to participate at the next in person Ferris commencements in May 2021 or December 2021.
Our team is working on details for the virtual ceremonies. Please continue to check back for additional information.
Thank you for your patience during this time.
Check the full schedule of ceremonies to find out when your college's ceremony will be held.
Watch Commencement Ceremonies Live
Even if you can't attend the ceremonies in person, you can still be a part of your graduate's special day. You can watch the ceremonies on Ferris Cable TV channel 22 or you can click on the link below. Once on this page you will need to click on Ferris State University Cable 22.1 to watch the ceremonies live.
Important Things You Should Know:
- All degree candidates are required to file a formal application for graduation no
later than the mid-point of the semester prior to your anticipated graduation date.
Your academic advisor will assist you with the completion of your graduation clearance
- If the application for graduation is not filed with the graduating student's college Commencement Coordinator by Friday, October 9, 2020, their name will not appear in the December 2020 Commencement program. In order to have the program printed and back in time for the ceremonies we have to
adhere to these deadlines.
- Participating in commencement is not a certification of graduation, but rather a ceremony
that celebrates a student's academic achievements. Therefore, participation in any
Commencement ceremony does not affirm that a student has satisfactorily completed
all degree requirements. Students must satisfy all of their degree requirements before
they receive their diploma.
Students are permitted to participate in Commencement if they are close to completing their graduation requirements. For example, if a student needs to take a course or two during summer semester to finish their program, they may participate in May Commencement or wait until December Commencement.
- Ferris Statewide and online students who wish to participate in a Big Rapids campus ceremony will attend with their affiliated
Note: Ferris State University does not have a summer Commencement ceremony.