Information Technology Services
805 Campus Drive
Big Rapids, MI 49307
IT Solution Center
Phone: (231) 591-4822
Toll Free: (877) 779-4822
IT Vision Statement
Connect Bulldogs to global opportunities.
- 2019 - Enhance collaboration for Faculty, Students, and Staff with Office365.
- 2020 - Increase Internet bandwidth & continue to build out Cyber Security Program.
- 2021 - Implement Business Intelligence/Analytics reporting and dashboards.
- 2022 - Future initiative to be determined.
- 2023 - Future initiative to be determined.
IT Mission Statement
Provide value through excellent customer service and integrated technology solutions.
In support of this mission, IT will follow these guiding principles:
Our Core Values drive and guide us as we serve the University community. As members of the IT department, we are committed to:
Department Tagline: (A simple, impactful, and memorable slogan that clearly states what we do and provides an opportunity to continue the conversation by discussing in depth the contributions that IT provides our students and the University.)
- The world to Ferris State University
Statements of Fact:
Students of Ferris State University will be the best ambassadors to promote the value and strength of Ferris State University throughout their personal and professional career.
IT will not be a barrier to business goals; however, IT cannot achieve success without support from the business.
The Information Technology department will align our efforts with the principles, goals, and strategies of the Ferris State University Plan for Information Technology and the University Strategic Plan. IT will translate strategies into action plans, resulting in the efficient and effective use of information technology resources.
IT will strive to add value to the services we provide guided by the concept “If our customers had a choice, would they choose us to deliver the requested service?”.
IT Vision, Mission, Values – Our Purpose
- A vision statement answers – WHAT do we aim to achieve?
- A mission statement answers – HOW do we plan to achieve the vision?
Bhavani Koneru, Chief Technology Officer