The International Educator Award recognizes a member of the academic community who
has demonstrated a high level of achievement in International Education at Ferris
State University. The recipient will be selected by the International Education Committee of the Academic Senate. Recipients will receive a trophy and monetary award of $1,500.
Criteria for Evaluation
Nominees will be evaluated based on the significance of their contributions in these
- Student-oriented activities such as organizing and leading study abroad programs,
arranging and monitoring international internships, advising student organizations
with an international focus, and supporting international students
- Curricular activities such as offering international/intercultural courses that add
to those typically taught in one’s discipline as well as developing programs that
move beyond one’s disciplinary boundaries
- Scholarly activities such as research and grants, paper presentations and publications,
sabbaticals, Fulbright and other international exchanges
- Other activities such as organizing special events like festivals and conferences;
arranging for speakers and visiting lecturers; serving on related university committees;
and presenting workshops to other educators, community groups and organizations.
Ferris tenured/tenure track faculty members and adjunct faculty members are eligible
for this award. Faculty may nominate themselves or other colleagues. Current members
of the International Education Committee are not eligible to be nominated. Past recipients
of this award are eligible only upon the expiration of the fifth year after their
Please nominate yourself or your colleague(s) for this award by submitting electronically
- Nominee’s name, Ferris college and department, and phone number;
- Statement of Nomination, which specifically addresses the 4 Criteria for Evaluation
as defined above.
Nominations should be sent electronically to the Secretary of the Academic Senate
at [email protected].
The Secretary of the Academic Senate will follow up with nominees, providing them
with a copy of the International Educator Award Evaluation Rubric, and requesting of them the following:
- A One-to-Three-Page Paper that:
- explains the nominee’s Philosophy of International Education at Ferris State University;
- highlights the nominee’s major achievements in this area supporting this philosophy
- A List of Activities and Accomplishments pertaining to International Education at
Ferris State University, divided into the 4 categories of Criteria listed above (required);
- Up to Three Additional Letters of Support from students, colleagues, and/or professional
organizations, as appropriate, will be accepted, but they are not required (optional). Recommenders
should explain their relationship to the nominee.
Please see the Academic Senate's International Educator Award Committee page for further details.
Nomination deadline is Monday, February 13, 2023, 5:00 p.m. Late nominations will
not be accepted.