Planning a curriculum change for Academic Year 2023-2024?
We are currently accepting curriculum proposals with a desired implementation of Fall Semester 2023 or later.
Important Dates & Deadlines to Consider:
Last UCC meeting in October– Proposals must be approved by the UCC no later than the last UCC meeting in October to be considered for Fall 2023 implementation. Proposals approved after the last UCC meeting in October will be implemented Fall Semester 2024. Note: It can take as long as six weeks for a curriculum proposal to get to the UCC after it is submitted to RAM.
November Academic Senate Meeting - Curriculum proposals to be considered for Fall Semester 2023 implementation must be supported by the Academic Senate no later than the November 2022 meeting.
PCAF - Preliminary Curriculum Approval Form - A PCAF is required and must be approved prior to the creation of the proposal for the following curriculum initiatives:
- New degree, program/major
- New minor, concentration, or certificate
- Existing program redirection or shift of emphasis requiring three or more new courses and/or new resources
- Curricular customization of existing program for delivery to an off-campus cohort group
Experimental Courses - To ensure that experimental course(s) will be available for students to enroll on the first day of registration, proposals must be received by [email protected] no later than the 7th week of the semester prior to offering. The following dates reflect this deadline:
- Summer Semester 2022 experimental course offerings, proposal is due March 18, 2022
- Fall Semester 2022 experimental course offerings, proposal is due July 8, 2022
- Spring Semester 2023 experimental course offerings, proposal is due October 3, 2022
General Education Courses - If you are seeking General Education attributes for a course go to the General Education website and follow the process. General Education requests must be approved prior to submitting a curriculum proposal that will add/remove a Gen Ed course to a checksheet.
STEP 1: Complete Form A, a "marked up" checksheet or checksheet template (if desired), Form E/F, and Form G (when applicable). (Current version dates are noted. Please use current forms for expeditious processing.)
- Form A - Proposal Summary and Routing Form (current on 09/23/2021)
- Optional - Copy of the current checksheet(s) with notes or a checksheet template for new degree programs.
- Form E/F - Course Information Form (current on 9/23/2021)
- Copy of the Semester Layout(s) (current 05/13/2021)
STEP 2: Email completed forms to the UCC sub-committee, RAM (Registrar, Academic Affairs, MyDegree) at [email protected]. RAM will assist the proposer with finishing Form A and creating consultation forms and proposed checksheets. For complex proposals, RAM may invite the proposer to a meeting for clarification of implementation.
RAM distributes consultation forms as needed (B,C, FIN) and a copy of the proposal.
- Form B - Undergraduate/Graduate Curriculum Consultation Form
- Form C - FLITE Services Form
- Form FIN - Financial Aid Consultation Form
STEP 3: Proposer guides the proposal through the college support process and returns it to [email protected] after Dean approval.