Planning a Curriculum Change for Academic Year 2024-2025?
We are currently accepting curriculum proposals with a desired implementation of Fall Semester 2024 or later.
Important Dates & Deadlines to Consider:
Last UCC meeting in November – Proposals must be approved by the UCC no later than the last UCC meeting in November to be considered for Fall 2024 implementation. Note: It can take as long as six weeks for a curriculum proposal to get to the UCC after it is submitted to RAM.
December Academic Senate Meeting - Curriculum proposals to be considered for Fall Semester 2024 implementation must be supported by the Academic Senate no later than the December 2023 meeting.
PCAF - Preliminary Curriculum Approval Form - A PCAF is required and must be approved prior to the creation of the proposal for the following curriculum initiatives:
- New degree, program/major
- New minor, concentration, or certificate
- Existing program redirection or shift of emphasis requiring three or more new courses and/or new resources
- Curricular customization of existing program for delivery to an off-campus cohort group
Experimental Courses - To ensure that experimental course(s) will be available for students to enroll on the first day of registration, proposals must be received by [email protected] no later than the 7th week of the semester prior to offering. The following dates reflect this deadline:
- Summer Semester 2024 experimental course offerings, proposal is due February 26, 2024
- Fall Semester 2024 experimental course offerings, proposal is due July 2, 2024
- Spring Semester 2025 experimental course offerings, proposal is due October 16, 2024
General Education Courses - If you are seeking General Education attributes for a course go to the General Education website and follow the process. General Education requests must be approved prior to submitting a curriculum proposal that will add/remove a Gen Ed course to a checksheet.
Complete Form A, a "marked up" checksheet or checksheet template (if desired), Form E/F, and Form G (when applicable). (Current version dates are noted. Please use current forms for expeditious processing.)
- Form A - Proposal Summary and Routing Form(current on 10/13/2023)
- Optional - Copy of the current checksheet(s) with notes or a checksheet template for new degree programs.
- Form E/F - Course Information Form (current on 10/27/2023)
- Copy of the Semester Layout(s) (current 05/13/2021)
- New or Updated Program Catalog Information Form
Email completed forms to the UCC sub-committee, RAM (Registrar, Academic Affairs, MyDegree) at [email protected]. RAM will assist the proposer with finishing Form A and creating consultation forms and proposed checksheets. For complex proposals, RAM may invite the proposer to a meeting for clarification of implementation.
RAM distributes consultation forms as needed (B,C, FIN) and a copy of the proposal.
- Form B - Undergraduate/Graduate Curriculum Consultation Form
- Form C - FLITE Services Form
- Form FIN - Financial Aid Consultation Form
Proposer guides the proposal through the college support process and returns it to [email protected] after Dean approval.