The University General Education Committee (UGEC) provides faculty oversight for the
General Education Program. This committee directly reports to the Associate Provost
of Operations. Its responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures;
- Giving final approval of all General Education course proposals;
- Ensuring implementation and analysis of assessment evidence for the purpose of program
- Implementing and overseeing a course recertification process;
- Mapping of all learning outcomes to curricular and co-curricular experiences;
- Promoting the GE program to all constituents;
- Arranging faculty development as needed to ensure success of the General Education
- Undertaking any other activities necessary for the continued success and improvement
of the program.
The committee is chaired by the general education coordinator and consists of one
representative each from the Colleges of Health Professions, Arts, Sciences and Education,
Business, Education and Human Services, and Engineering Technology. Additionally,
there is one representative each from the library staff (FLITE), Retention and Student
Success, the Ferris Nontenure-track Faculty Organization (FNTFO), and the Academic
Senate. The Associate Provost of Operations is an ex officio member of this committee.
Memberships are for three year terms that expire at the end of the academic year.
Committee Members (2022/2023 academic year)
- Victor Piercey, CASE (chair). Term Ends Fall 2024.
- Vacant, interim assessment coordinator. Term Ends Fall 2023.
- Rachel Foulk, CASE. Term Ends Fall 2024.
- Katie Kalata, COB. Term Ends Fall 2023.
- Michele Harvey, CET. Term Ends Fall 2023.
- Angela Ryan, Professional Advisors. Term Ends Fall 2024.
- Rhonda Bishop, CHP. Term Ends Fall 2025.
- Andrew Peterson, EIO. Term Ends Fall 2025.
- David Scott, FLITE. Term Ends Fall 2025.
- Monica Frees, RSS. Term Ends Fall 2025.
- Kathryn Wolfer Academic Senate. Term Ends Fall 2024.
- Vacant, Nontenure-Track Instructional Faculty. Term Ends Fall 2023.
- Mandy Seiferlein, Academic Affairs (ex officio)