Purpose & Charge
The Deans’ Council serves to facilitate division-wide collaboration in support of the mission and strategic goals of the University. The Deans’ Council reports directly to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA) and is charged with providing recommendations to the VPAA on matters related to the development and implementation of academic policies, procedures and initiatives, as well as overall direction and oversight of the division. Additional charges include, but are not limited to:
Sharing information froma. President’s Councilb. External sourcesc. Internal constituencies
Gaining perspective ina. Higher education in generalb. Ferris specificallyc. Cross-cutting issuesd. Current agendas, issues and initiatives
Creating a forum for planning and accountability in support ofa. Undergraduate, graduate, and professional educationb. Mission advancementc. Financial stewardshipd. Strategic targets
- Jason Bentley, Dean, Retention and Student Success and Interim Dean, FLITE Library
- David Damari, Dean, Michigan College of Optometry
- Stephen Durst, Dean, College of Pharmacy
- Bobby Fleischman, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Lincoln Gibbs, Dean, College of Health Professions
- Stephen Halko, Interim Dean, Academic Affairs, Kendall College of Art and Design
- Robin Hoisington, Executive Assistant to Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Leonard Johnson, Associate Provost of Academic Operations
- David Nicol, Dean, College of Business
- Steven Reifert, Dean, Extended and International Operations
- Mandy Seiferlein, Associate Provost of Assessment and Accreditation
- Michael Staley, Dean, College of Engineering Technology
- Kim Wilber, Director, Academic Budget Management
- Trinidy Williams, Interim Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
The Office of Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs is responsible for preparation and distribution of the agendas, minutes, and supporting materials. However, it is the responsibility of all members to assure the success of the council through active participation, contributions to agenda development, and sponsorship of items of shared interest.
Members are expected to attend Deans’ Council meetings whenever possible. When a member is unable to participate, that individual should be represented by an administrative replacement, such as an associate dean, assistant dean, or department head.
Appropriate sharing of information to promote transparency and communication is expected of all members; protection of confidential information must be followed in accordance with University policy.
Deans’ Council Meeting Summaries
If you are interested in knowing about a meeting for which minutes are not yet available, please contact Robin Hoisington at ext. 3797 or [email protected].
November 30, 2018November 16, 2018November 9, 2018November 2, 2018October 24, 2018October 18, 2018October 3, 2018September 26, 2018August 27, 2018August 22, 2018July 31, 2018July 25, 2018
June 6, 2018May 14, 2018April 25, 2108March 27, 2018March 22, 2018March 16, 2108March 12, 2018March 9, 2018March 8, 2018February 28, 2018February 5, 2018January 9, 2018January 4, 2018November 13, 2017October 25, 2017October 10, 2017October 2, 2017September 27, 2017July 18, 2017
June 20, 2017March 8, 2017February 28, 2017January 26, 2017November 30, 2016November 10, 2016September 20, 2016July 24, 2016