The IT Governance Committee was formed to review new software application requests in order to reduce the overall number of software packages that are outdated or redundant which are currently being supported by the ITS department. Reducing the overall number of software packages will reduce expenses, reduce risk, and improve overall service of the network. The Committee will:
- Review all requests for new applications or software at the University, and make decisions about whether to approve the requests.
- Oversee the review of all current university owned applications or software, with the charge to reduce the number from the current numbers of over 5,500 to a more manageable number.
- Establish relative priorities for the timing of implementations of software purchases, version upgrades, and other projects.
- Charlie Weaver - Chief Information Officer / Associate Vice President
- Gail Taylor – Associate Vice President of Finance
- Kristen Salomonson – Dean of Enrollment Services & Director of Admissions & Records
- Megan Bylsma – Director of Operations, Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts
- Steve Reifert – Interim Associate Provost of Academic Operations
For Consideration at an Upcoming IT Governance Committee Meeting
- Ferris: completed request forms for new or replacement software/applications must be sent to the Chief Technology Officer at least one week prior to the meeting date.
- KCAD: completed forms for new or replacement software/applications must be sent to the KCAD IT Coordinator at least one week prior to the meeting date.
Use the link below to read the complete “Memorandum Announcing the “Process to Request New Systems or Software Applications”.
Use the two links below to access the forms needed to request new or replacement software.
Please submit all completed forms to [email protected]