Information pertaining to the administration of the revised General Education program is provided in the materials below. More details will be posted in the new year.
- Course migration - As we initially migrate from the old to the revised General Education program in fall 2017, most of the existing course mapping will be grandparented. The mapping between the two programs is explained on this page.
- Regular course application - Normal courses (both existing and new) that wish to apply for a General Education attribute must follow this procedure.
- Experimental course application - Experimental courses (190, 290, 390, or 490) are approved with an expedited pathway. If and when these courses transition to permanent courses, they must reapply using the regular course application process indicated above.
- Application status - An online table is provided that indicates the current status of all applications for General Education status. Questions concerning these applications should be directed to the General Education Coordinator.
- Course recertification - Each General Education course will undergo recertification every five years. The process and criteria for those evaluations are provided here.
- Data reporting - Collecting and documenting evidence of student learning is an important role of the General Education program. The process used at Ferris is described here.
- Policy letters - Links to all official Academic Affairs policy letters that pertain to General Education are provided here.
- Forms - A variety of forms used in the General Education program are all available online here.
- Training - A series of short training videos have been created to familiarize faculty, staff, and administrators with some of the key procedures associated with the General Education program. These procedures include applications for General Education status, preparing for recertification, and documenting evidence of student learning.