Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) is a security feature that requires more than one method of authentication to verify a user’s identity. MFA is important to setup since it will stop any hackers from logging into you accounts even if they obtain or guess your passwords.
- After you enter your credentials in the popup window of the outlook client, Microsoft
will prompt that it needs more information for enabling MFA just as shown in the screen
shot below. Select NEXT.
- We will first configure the call verification by selecting Authentication Phone and inputting your phone number. Select Call me for Method, then select NEXT.
- You will now receive a call to the number that you entered in the previous step.
- Microsoft will call you. It will ask you to press pound (#) to confirm your log in.
Press pound (#) on your device to confirm.
- Click on DONE. (This password is used for legacy applications that don’t support MFA, refer to
our MFA support apps guide if that is required)