Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) is a security feature that requires more than one method of authentication to verify a user’s identity. MFA is important to setup since it will stop any hackers from logging into you accounts even if they obtain or guess your passwords.
- Open a browser on your computer and go to office.ferris.edu. Sign in to your Office 365 for business account.
- You should see a window on your computer that looks like this. Click Next.
- From the drop-down menu, select Mobile App.
- Change the Radio button under Method to Receive notifications for verification.
- You now should see a window that looks like this.
- **On your phone** go to the App Store (iOS) or Play Store (Android) and search for
& download Microsoft Authenticator.
- Open the authenticator app and click on the + button in top right-hand corner.
- Click on Work or school account.
- Your phone should prompt you to allow authenticator app to use your camera. Click
- Point the camera at the QR code on your screen. The app should auto detect and enroll
- Go back to your screen and click Next.
- Wait for the checking activation status message.
- Once you see this page and the message “please respond to the notification on your
device”. Check your phone for a new notification of the authenticator app.
- Click on the notification.
- Unlock your phone and click Approve.
- Enter your phone number.
- Click on Next. (This password is used for legacy applications that don’t support MFA,
refer to our MFA support apps guide if that is required)