The Apple App Store has over 225,000 apps; some educational, some fun, and some useless.
- Purchasing or upgrading Apple iOS apps requires an Apple ID to which must equal a
valid email address. When you set up your Apple account, you will create your Apple
ID, which will be associated with a credit card or other payment method.
- If departments wish to retain ownership of applications they must set up an ID/email
through the IT Solution Center for managing the applications.
- The person associated with the Apple ID that downloads an app “owns” the app.
- An eHSARF is NOT required to purchase an app from Apple.
- A volume purchase agreement has been set up with Apple by the Ferris Purchasing Department. Contact them for more info.
- Purchasing will not reimburse those that purchase Apple iOS apps on their personal
- It is not a requirement for the department to purchase apps. If you get an app, you
can purchase it using your own Apple account. If you want Ferris to pay for it, it
has to go through official channels, and the department will retain ownership if they