1201 S. State Street,
Big Rapids, MI 49307
How to Use Your Benefits at Ferris State University
- First Time Benefits Users
- Transfer Students Using Benefits
- Continuing Ferris Students Using Benefits
Principles of Excellence
Ferris State University participates in the Principles of Excellence program and agrees to the following guidelines:
- Provide student with a personalized form covering the total cost of an education program.
- Provide educational plans for all military and Veteran education beneficiaries.
- End fraudulent and aggressive recruiting techniques and misrepresentations.
- Accommodate Service members and Reservists absent due to service requirements.
- Designate a point of contact to provide academic and financial advice.
- Ensure accreditation of all new programs prior to enrolling students.
- Align institutional refund policies with those under Title IV, which governs the administration of federal student financial aid programs.
For more information about the Principles of Excellence you can visit https://benefits.va.gov/gibill/principles_of_excellence.asp
Any letters or forms mailed to the Department of Veterans Affairs should include your name and social security number or VA claim number.
Early enrollment and payment of fees before the term begins will allow FSU to certify your enrollment early and keep your payments as consistent as possible.
VA will not pay educational benefits for courses which are not on your approved Education/Degree Plan; will not pay to re-take courses you have successfully completed (D or better).
A veteran enrolled in an academic program should receive his/her first benefit check approximately six to eight weeks after FSU submits the enrollment certification to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Monthly payment of benefits under the Montgomery G.I. Bill can only be released after your monthly verification of attendance has been received in the St. Louis Regional Office.
This may be done by Internet: (W.A.V.E.) or by telephone: 1-877-823-2378.
Fill out VA Class Registration Form; sign and date the form and turn it in at the following location
VA Certifying Official
Ferris State University
Admissions & Records
1201 S. State St., CSS 201E
Big Rapids, MI 49307
You may contact the FSU Veterans Office at (231) 591-2022