Direct Pay Book Charges
All main campus students, including students that are eligible for Pell Grant, who have registered for semester courses may charge up to $500.00 in books and necessary supplies at the James L. Lundberg Bookstore during specific dates each semester. Book charges will be added to their student billing account, provided the student does not owe a prior balance for books. Any bookstore charge balance must be paid by the end of the semester for charges to be allowed the following semester. Students (including Pell Grant recipients) are not required to charge their textbooks at the campus bookstore, and may opt out of this option by purchasing their books at the vendor of their choice, either out of pocket, or by using their book advance dollars (see below) if applicable.
Students MUST HAVE THEIR STUDENT BULLDOG ID in order to use this privilege. Students may select their books and supplies and take them to the cash register/terminal at the front of the bookstore to charge to their student account. Following are the scheduled dates that the Direct Pay Charge is available:
|Semester||Direct Pay Charge Dates|
August 19 - August 30, 2019
January 6 - January 17, 2020
For current Bookstore hours, visit the James L. Lundberg Bookstore website.
Students who receive financial aid and have restricted the University from making payment toward charges other than tuition, fees, room and board will not be permitted to charge books at the Lundberg Bookstore. To make a change to this selection go the the Student Service Center. Changes will not be reflected until the following semester.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Direct Pay Charges, please contact Kristy Heeter, the Director of Student Financial Services, at (231) 591-5243 or EMAIL: [email protected] for further information.
Financial Aid recipients, including those eligible for Pell Grant, that meet all of the following requirements:
- Have accepted financial aid awards and completed all of their financial aid requirements such as loan counseling and promissory notes;
- Have more than enough financial aid to cover billing account charges;
- Have set up a valid direct deposit account;
- Have authorized the release of Title IV aid on the Terms and Conditions tab when accepting financial aid awards,
- Will be advanced a portion of their financial aid refund (up to $400) before classes begin to allow them to purchase their books at the vendor of their choice. All of the requirements outlined above must be completed by a specified date each semester in order to use this privilege. Students who do not complete the book advance requirements in time to receive the advance, may take advantage of the Direct Pay Charge process outlined above.
|Semester||All Requirements Must Be Met By||To Receive Book Advance On|
|Spring 2019||January 7, 2019 at noon||January 11, 2019|
|Summer 2019||May 13, 2019 at noon||May 17, 2019|