Skip to Top NavigationSkip to ContentSkip to Footer
Ferris State University BulldogFerris State University Logo

Transfer Veterans Benefit Users

Transfer Students Using VA Educational Benefits

Complete your Free online application to Ferris

Send your military transcripts to Ferris

Complete a Change of program or place of training through VA Educational Benefits

  • If you are the service member you or a dependent using the Post 
    9/11 GI Bill® you need to complete the VA form 22-1995
  • If you are a dependent using any other VA educational benefit besides the Post 9/11 GI Bill® you will complete the VA form 22-5495

After you have been accepted to Ferris

  • During your separation period we encourage you to connect with your Educational Services Officer located within your base Education Center.
  • Apply for Financial Aid
  • Apply for the Ferris State University Military Veteran Scholarship Program if you qualify
  • Apply for the Children of Veterans Tuition Grant if you qualify
  • Apply for the Michigan National Guard Tuition Grant if you qualify
  • Turn in your certificate of eligibility into the Veterans Office via:
    • Email – [email protected]
    • Fax to (231) 591-3944 OR
    • Deliver to Timme Building - CSS 201
  • Complete class registration form with your academic advisor for your Ferris courses after you register for classes. Note - If you add classes after you turn in your class registration form you will need to complete this form again
  • Communicate with the Veterans Office if you drop any class by email at [email protected] as the VA requires Ferris State University to report actual beginning and ending dates of each course. Your VA award may vary throughout the semester, according to the start and end dates of your courses. 
  • Submit your class registration form to the Veterans Office:
    • Email – [email protected]
    • Fax to (231) 591-3944 OR
    • Deliver to Timme Building - CSS 201
  • If you are using the Montgomery GI Bill®- Active Duty or Montgomery GI Bill®-  Selected Reserve you must verify your enrollment each month.

Questions or concerns may be directed to the FSU Veterans Office at [email protected]  or by calling 231 591-2022.