- I have a 3.9 High School GPA and a 31 ACT, does that mean I will receive all of the
WNF Scholarships?WNF Scholarships are limited to one per eligible student. You will be awarded the highest valued scholarship that you are eligible to receive.
- Are Statewide students (students who are enrolled in Ferris programs at off-campus
locations) or online students eligible for Woodbridge N. Ferris scholarships.Only Big Rapids main-campus and Kendall College of Art & Design students are eligible for WNF Scholarships with the exception of specific fully-online and statewide programs beginning in the fall of 2020. For details please see the ferris.edu/WNF "Fully Online and Statewide Scholarships" section.
- Can I get a WNF Scholarship if I am a part-time student?No. Students must be enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 undergraduate credit hours) to receive a WNF Scholarship.
- Can I receive a WNF Scholarship in the summer?WNF Scholarships are not available for summer semester.
- Can I combine the highest results of the SAT or ACT components to calculate my score?Scholarships will be based on the highest submitted ACT Composite score (which includes English, math, reading and science) or the SAT combined score (reading and math, NOT writing) on a single test date. Components from different test dates may not be combined into a "SuperScore" for FSU scholarship purposes.
- I took AP classes in high school, will you take that into consideration when calculating
my GPA?The University will use the high school grade point average provided by the student's high school. If the student's high school does not use a weighted GPA for AP classes, neither will the University.
- Are the WNF Scholarships renewable?WNF Scholarships may be renewed up to three times, with a maximum payout of 4 years or 8 total semesters, provided the student meets the renewal criteria.
- What is the renewal criteria for WNF Scholarships?
In order to be eligible for renewal, students must be in good standing according to our Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy. Renewals are also based on the student's cumulative Ferris State University grade point average.
New students will be able to view the specific renewal criteria for WNF scholarships after they have been awarded financial aid. Students must have a valid FAFSA on file and if selected for the verification process, must have completed all requirements for that process before they will be awarded. Students admitted prior to December 1 of the year preceding admission will be awarded by December 15. For students admitted after December 1, you will receive an award notice 2-3 weeks after admission and submitting all FAFSA requirements. Once you receive your award notice in the mail, log into MyFSU, go to "Accept Award Offer", and click the name of your Scholarship for specific renewal information.
- What if I get accepted into a graduate level program after I have received a WNF Scholarship
for two years - will I lose the remaining scholarship value?
WNF recipients who are accepted into a graduate or doctoral program may continue to receive the WNF scholarship until they have reached the maximum of 4 years, provided they continue to meet the renewal criteria.
- What happens if my final high school GPA goes up or I retake the ACT after I am awarded
a scholarship - will I qualify for a higher valued scholarship?
If a student's final high school GPA or subsequent test scores are higher than those initially evaluated, we will "bump" the student up to the highest WNF Scholarship he or she qualifies for, provided we receive the updated high school transcript or ACT test result prior to the first day of classes.
- What if after I am awarded a WNF scholarship, I retake the ACT and my composite score
goes down or my final high school GPA is lower than when I was admitted?
If a student repeats a placement test with lower scores, or his or her final high school GPA is lower than initially submitted, we will honor the original scholarship offer.
- I am eligible for the Founder's Scholarship and I am enrolled at Kendall College of
Art & Design. Will my Founder's Scholarship be valued at a higher rate?
No. The maximum value of the Founder's Scholarship is $10,000 per year, regardless of your tuition rate.
- If my high school GPA is too low to get a WNF Scholarship as a freshman, can I get
a WNF Scholarship in my sophomore year if my college GPA is high enough?
No. You are only considered for WNF Scholarships as incoming freshmen. You will not be awarded a WNF Scholarship in later years if you were not eligible as a freshman.