In collaboration with the General Education Coordinator and University General Education Committee, the Self and Society competency committee is responsible for:
- Evaluating new Self and Society course proposals;
- Monitoring Self and Society assessment activities;
- Reporting on evidence of student learning in Self and Society courses;
- Conducting periodic recertification of Self and Society courses.
The Self and Society committee consists of three members from Social and Behavioral Sciences and three members from units other than the College of Arts and Sciences. Memberships are for three year terms that expire at the end of the academic year.
Committee Members (2019/2020 academic year)
- Mike Ennis (chair), COEHS. Term Ends Fall 2021.
- Penny Nichols-Whitehead, CAS - Social and Behavioral Sciences. Term Ends Fall 2020.
- Stacy Armstrong, CAS - Social and Behavioral Sciences. Term Ends Fall 2021.
- Renato Cerdena, CAS - Social and Behavioral Sciences. Term Ends Fall 2022.
- Joe Ferrandino, COEHS. Term Ends Fall 2020.
- Roy McLean, COB. Term Ends Fall 2022.