In collaboration with the General Education Coordinator and University General Education Committee, the Self and Society competency committee is responsible for:
- Evaluating new Self and Society course proposals;
- Monitoring Self and Society assessment activities;
- Reporting on evidence of student learning in Self and Society courses;
- Conducting periodic recertification of Self and Society courses.
The Self and Society committee consists of three members from Social and Behavioral Sciences and three members from units other than the College of Arts and Sciences. Memberships are for three year terms that expire at the end of the academic year.
Committee Members (2018/2019 academic year)
- Meral Topcu, CAS - Social and Behavioral Sciences (chair)
- Penny Nichols-Whitehead, CAS - Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Stacy Armstrong, CAS - Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Mike Ennis, COEHS (serving for COB)
- David Darrow, COEHS
- Anuli Njoku, COHP