In collaboration with the General Education Coordinator and University General Education
Committee, the Self and Society competency committee is responsible for:
- Evaluating new Self and Society course proposals;
- Monitoring Self and Society assessment activities;
- Reporting on evidence of student learning in Self and Society courses;
- Conducting periodic recertification of Self and Society courses.
The Self and Society committee consists of three members from Social and Behavioral
Sciences and three members from units other than the College of Arts, Sciences and
Education. Memberships are for three year terms that expire at the end of the academic
Committee Members (2021/2022 academic year)
- Stacy Armstrong (chair), CASE - Social and Behavioral Sciences. Term Ends Fall 2024.
- Penny Nichols-Whitehead, CASE - Social and Behavioral Sciences. Term Ends Fall 2023.
- Renato Cerdena, CASE - Social and Behavioral Sciences. Term Ends Fall 2022.
- Karyn Kiio, COB. Term Ends Fall 2023.
- Roy McLean, COB. Term Ends Fall 2022.
- Angela Roman, Career and Professional Success. Term Ends Fall 2024.