In collaboration with the General Education Coordinator and University General Education Committee, the Natural Sciences competency committee is responsible for:
- Evaluating new Natural Sciences course proposals;
- Monitoring Natural Sciences assessment activities;
- Reporting on evidence of student learning in Natural Sciences courses;
- Conducting periodic recertification of Natural Sciences courses.
The Natural Sciences committee consists of three members from the Physical Sciences or Biological Sciences (at least one from each) and three members from units other than the College of Arts and Sciences. Memberships are for three year terms that expire at the end of the academic year.
Committee Members (2018/2019 academic year)
- Chris Westerkamp, CAS - Biological Sciences (chair)
- Jennifer Johnson, CAS - Social and Behavioral Sciences/Geography
- Dan Adsmond, CAS - Physical Sciences
- Open Seat, COB
- Amy Kavanaugh COEHS
- Dan DeRegnier, COHP