In collaboration with the General Education Coordinator and University General Education Committee, the Diversity competency committee is responsible for:
- Evaluating new Diversity course proposals;
- Monitoring Diversity assessment activities;
- Reporting on evidence of student learning in Diversity courses;
- Conducting periodic recertification of Diversity courses.
The Diversity committee consists of one member each from Humanities, Social and Behavioral Sciences, and English, Literature, and World Languages, three members from units other than the College of Arts and Sciences, and the Chairperson or a designee from both the Senate Diversity Committee and the Senate International Education Committee. Memberships are for three-year terms that expire at the end of the academic year.
Committee Members (2020/2021 academic year)
- Catherine Bowers, COB. Term Ends Fall 2023.
- Rachel Foulk, CAS - Humanities. Term Ends Fall 2021.
- Chris Redker, CAS - Social and Behavioral Sciences. Term Ends Fall 2020.
- Daniel Ding, CAS - English, Literature, and World Languages. Term Ends Fall 2022.
- Fran Rosen, FLITE. Term Ends Fall 2022.
- Dee Dee Stakely, Transfer Services. Term Ends Fall 2021.
- Jim Rumpf, Senate International Education Committee. Term Ends Fall 2021.
- Vacant, Senate Diversity Committee. Term Ends Fall 2022.