In collaboration with the General Education Coordinator and University General Education
Committee, the Communication competency committee is responsible for:
- Evaluating new Communication course proposals;
- Monitoring Communication assessment activities;
- Reporting on evidence of student learning in Communication courses;
- Conducting periodic recertification of Communication courses.
The Communication committee consists of two members from the oral communication area,
two members from English, Literature, and World Languages, one member representing
Communication Across the Curriculum, and three members from units other than the College
of Arts, Sciences and Education. Memberships are for three year terms that expire
at the end of the academic year.
Committee Members (2021/2022 academic year)
- Kristi Scholten (co-chair), CASE - Humanities. Term Ends Fall 2022.
- Stephanie Thomson (co-chair), CASE - Humanities. Term Ends Fall 2023.
- Debbie Courtright-Nash, CASE - English, Literature, and World Languages. Term Ends
- Gordon Reynolds, CASE - English, Literature, and World Languages. Term Ends Fall 2023.
- David Marquard, Writing in the Disciplines. Term Ends Fall 2024.
- Adam Hatchew, CHP. Term Ends Fall 2024.
- Vacant, Non-CAS. Term Ends Fall 2023.