In collaboration with the General Education Coordinator and University General Education Committee, the Communication competency committee is responsible for:
- Evaluating new Communication course proposals;
- Monitoring Communication assessment activities;
- Reporting on evidence of student learning in Communication courses;
- Conducting periodic recertification of Communication courses.
The Communication committee consists of two members from the oral communication area, two members from English, Literature, and World Languages, one member representing Communication Across the Curriculum, and three members from units other than the College of Arts and Sciences. Memberships are for three year terms that expire at the end of the academic year.
Committee Members (2019/2020 academic year)
- Deb Courtwright-Nash, CAS - English, Literature, and World Languages. Term Ends Fall 2020.
- Stephanie Thomson, CAS - Humanities. Term Ends Fall 2020.
- Lucero Florez-Paez, CAS - English, Literature, and World Languages. Term Ends Fall 2021.
- Kristi Scholten, CAS - Humanities. Term Ends Fall 2022.
- Anne Spain, Across the Curriculum. Term Ends Fall 2021.
- Phil Kohn, COB. Term Ends Fall 2020.
- Doug Zentz, CET. Term Ends Fall 2020.