These are instructions for setting up Microsoft Outlook and Teams on Apple iOS devices
(iPhone, iPad, etc.), Android devices, and Windows devices. If you have never used
the device on campus before, and want to use the wireless on the Big Rapids campus,
view the Wireless Networking in Big Rapids page.
Exchange ActiveSync setup on Windows devices
- On Start, swipe left to the App list, select Settings, and then select email + accounts.
- Select add an account > Outlook.
- Enter your email address (e.g. [email protected]) and Ferris passphrase and then
select "Sign in." Windows Phone will try to set up your email account automatically.
If setup competes successfully, skip to step 8.
- If you see the message "Check your information and try again. You may have mistyped
your password," verify that you entered the correct email address and password. At
this stage, you don't need to specify any values for User name and Domain. Select
Sign in. If setup completes successfully, skip to step 8.
- If your email account can't be set up automatically, you'll see the message, "we couldn't
find your setting." Select Advanced. You'll need to enter the following information:
- E-mail address: Enter your email address (e.g. [email protected])
- Password: This is your Ferris passphrase
- User name: This is your email address (e.g. [email protected])
- Domain: This is "ferris.edu"
- Server: Enter outlook.office365.com
- Select the "Server requires encrypted (SSL)" connection box.
- Select "Sign in."
- Select OK if Exchange ActiveSync asks you to enforce policies or set a password.
Teams Application Setup
- Open the application store from your device. (Google Play for Android, App Store for
iOS, Windows Store for Windows phones)
- Locate the search box, search for "Teams" and locate the Microsoft Teams app in the
- Download and install the app on your device.
- After it has been installed, tap the Teams icon to launch the app.
- Enter your [email protected] address and Ferris passphrase to sign-in.
- Once you have authenticated, you will be able to chat, video conference, and perform
other Teams functions.
Setting up your signature
Setting up your signature in Office 365 Outlook on your computer does not set it up
on your mobile device. You will have to do this separately.
- Go into Outlook on your mobile device.
- Find an email you sent in Outlook from your computer and copy the signature.
- Go to your settings.
- Scroll down until you get to Signature, paste in your signature, and save.