Note: If your device askes for an encryption protocol when you first attempt to connect
to the main campus wireless, use WPA2.
The FerrisWiFi network requires that all mobile devices be registered before successfully connecting to the Internet. Here are the steps to get connected to FerrisWiFi.
- Tap Settings.
- Verify that Airplane Mode is off. Tap Wi-Fi, then tap the appropriate Wi-Fi zone named
FerrisWiFi. If Airplane Mode is ON, tap the slide bar so that it reads OFF.
- When asked, use the case-sensitive password: FerrisWiFi.
- Once the connection has been made, a check mark should appear to the left of the zone
that you connected to. Press the Home button located at the bottom of your device
to return to your home screen.
- You are now connected to FerrisWiFi, but if this is the first time you have connected
to the FerrisWiFi using this device, you'll still need to register it before being
able to access the Internet. To begin the registration process, tap a browser icon.
For this tutorial, we will be using Safari.
You will see an "Isolation Notice." This notice simply means that you haven't been given access to the network yet.
- Read and accept the "Proper Use Policy" agreement. Without agreeing to the "Proper
Use Policy," you will not be able access the Ferris Network.
- The "Welcome to the Ferris State University Network" screen will come up. Click Start>>
located across from the Students/Employees option.
- Type in your Ferris username and password into the boxes of the "User Registration"
section and click Login.
- You will be taken to a "Success" page with a progress bar. Please wait for the bar
to finish before continuing.
- Once the progress bar has completed, you should be successfully registered and able to browse the Internet using FerrisWiFi. If you have any problems or receive a message that your device could not be registered, contact the IT Solution Center for help.