Information Technology Services
805 Campus Drive
Big Rapids, MI 49307
IT Solution Center
Phone: (231) 591-4822
Toll Free: (877) 779-4822
Note: If your device askes for an encryption protocol when you first attempt to connect
to the main campus wireless, use WPA2.
The FerrisWiFi network requires that all mobile devices be registered before successfully connecting to the Internet. Here are the steps to get connected to FerrisWiFi.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap WiFi, verify that the Wifi switch is on, then tap FerrisWiFi.
- Type in the password (FerrisWiFi) and tap Connect.
- The device should indicate that it is in fact connected to the network.
- You are now connected to FerrisWiFi, but if this is the first time you have connected
to the FerrisWiFi using this device, you'll still need to register it before being
able to access the Internet. To begin the registration process, tap Google Chrome (or your browser of choice).
- You will see an "Isolation Notice." This notice simply means that you haven't been
given access to the network yet.
- Read and accept the "Proper Use Policy" agreement. Without agreeing to the "Proper
Use Policy," you will not be able access the Ferris Network.
- The "Welcome to the Ferris State University Network" screen will come up. Click Start>>
located across from the Students/Employees option.
- Type in your Ferris username and password into the boxes of the "User Registration"
section and click Login.
- You will be taken to a "Success" page with a progress bar. Please wait for the bar
to finish before continuing.
- Once the progress bar has completed, you should be successfully registered and able to browse the Internet using FerrisWiFi. If you have any problems or receive a message that your device could not be registered, contact the IT Solution Center for help.