Our Accreditation Status
The Educator Preparation Program (EPP) at Ferris State University has earned national accreditation until Fall 2026 by demonstrating excellence in the areas of content and pedagogy, clinical experiences, selectivity, program impact, and capacity for continuous improvement from the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- Biology Education BIED
- Business, Management, Marketing and Technology Teaching Major BMMT
- Chemistry Education CHED
- Early Childhood Education ECED
- Elementary Education ELED
- English Education EEDU
- Geography Education GEOG
- History Education HIST
- Marketing Education Major BUED
- Mathematics Education MAED
- Political Science Education POSC
- Social Studies Education
- Technical Education TCED
(Seeking accreditation in 2022)
- Educational Leadership
- Curriculum and Instruction/Special Education Concentration MEDU
In accordance with CAEP policy, CAEP uses eight annual reporting measures to provide information to the public on Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) program outcomes and impacts. Following is a list of the CAEP measures with links to supporting evidence for each measure.
Program Impact Measures
Measure 1: Completer Effectiveness
Impact on P-12 learning and development. The provider documents multiple growth measures that completers contribute to student learning.
- Supporting evidence: Data for this measure is still under development. Additional data for Completer Effectiveness is currently under development. We plan to do focus groups and observations of our completors. We are also in the process of developing a survey that might be able to be administered to P-12 students. Attached is Effectiveness data provided by the Michigan Department of Education.
Measure 2: Satisfaction of employers and stakeholder involvement:
Indicators of teaching effectiveness (4.2). The provider demonstrates that completers effectively apply the professional knowledge, skills, and dispositions that the preparation experiences were designed to achieve.
- Additional data for employer satisfaction and stakeholder involvement is still developing. We currently have a survey that was sent to employers. We plan to add additional support from case studies. Due to COVID we were unable to have our Advisory Board meeting last year to get additional support for stakeholder involvement. We have a meeting schedule for this year.
Measure 3: Candidate competency at completion
Measure 4: Ability of completers to be hired in education positions for which they have been prepared.
Satisfaction of Completers. The provider demonstrates that program completers perceive their preparation as relevant to the responsibilities they confront on the job, and that the preparation was effectiveness.
Program Outcome Measures and Consumer Information
Michigan Department of Educator Preparation Institution (EPI) Score Reports
The annual EPI Score Report issued by the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) is comprised of three measures: Michigan Tests for Teacher Certification subject area tests, survey data from candidates and university supervisors, and teacher effectiveness ratings for program completers.
- 2021 SUMMARY OF MDE EPI PERFORMANCE SCORES
- Summary of 2016 to 2018 MDE EPI Performance Scores
CAEP Requirement Test Options
CAEP requires passing of one test or a combination of test scores and/or alternative classes. Any questions regarding CAEP testing contact the School of Education Main Office: [email protected] or (231) 591-5361.
SAT score ranges for each area 200-800. We can use SAT from March 5, 2016 forward.
- Math 510
- Evidence Based Reading & Writing 510
ACT score ranges for math & reading 1-36.; writing 2-12. We can use ACT from 1989 forward.
- Math 22
- Reading 22
- Writing 7
PRAXIS score ranges for each area 100-200.
- Core Math 163
- Reading 169
- Writing 165
Alternative (B or higher)
MATH 115 or higher
Excluding Math 218 & 219
Any science class
ENGL 150 & 250
Contact SOE Main Office at [email protected] or (231) 591-5361.