1201 S. State Street,
Big Rapids, MI 49307
First time loan borrowers must complete required documents before a loan can pay toward their student account. Entracne Counseling is a tutorial that tells you all of the importnat details you need as an informed borrower - including interest rates, fees, repayment information. The Loan Agreement (MPN) is your legal contract to repay the government once you graduate or drop below half-time attendance.
Please note that missing loan requirements for fall 2020 will not be satisfied until June 3, 2020. If you have already completed the Direct Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note, please disregard any missing requirement emails for these items.
Important: You will be prompted to enter your FSA ID to complete this counseling. If you have not already created an FSA ID, please follow the instructions to create one. You will not be able to complete this counseling without an FSA ID.
If you have accepted a Direct Loan (Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized) you must complete two electronic processes Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN):
- LOG IN at https://studentaid.gov
- Select the “In School" tab.
- Select "Complete a Loan Agreement (Master Promissory Note).
- Select "Complete Loan Entrance Counseling".
- Please note that the Master Promissory Note requirement will not reflect as "satisfied" in MyFSU until mid-June.
Nursing/Health Professions Loans
- Sign in at SignMyLoan.com once you receive emailed instructions to complete loan requirements.
- First time recipients of the loan must "Create Online Account", returning users can use their previous Username and Password.
- When Creating Online Account, refer to this Instruction Sheet for specific instructions and important tips!
- The FSA ID is not valid on the UAS website.
Average Loan Debt of 2017/2018 Ferris graduates according to degree level