Swan Annex Rooms #130 and #132
Major Labs: (2) Manual and Semi-Automatic Welding Processes
Designed for 100 level course work for the instruction of hands-on, practical welding applications. The lab spaces contain the following equipment features:
- 6,077 square feet of instructional space
- Lab #130 – 2,757 sq. ft.
- Lab #132 – 3,320 sq. ft.
- Each lab area contains (24) student booth workstations.
- Combined Plasma Arc Cutting (PAC) and Oxygen Fuel Cutting (OFC) processes with 48” Line Burning carriages and downdraft ventilation
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) / Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) – AC/DC, Advanced AC waveform technology
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) / Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) – Advanced DC waveform technology with pulsation
- Portable Aluminum Gas Metal Arc Welding systems
- Oxygen Acetylene Welding (OAW)
- Portable oxygen Fuel Cutting (OFC)
- Manual Plasma Arc Cutting (PAC)
- Down draft ventilation cutting table station for manual OFC and PAC
- Rotational pipe positioner with PAC system and X-Y torch mounting adjustment bracket
- WATTS weldment testing station – Fillet weld break tests, root/face bend specimens, tensile test specimens
- Electrode consumable oven; dual-wheel pedestal tungsten grinder; dual-wheel pedestal wire brush
- Full-lab ventilation system
- Shared Educational Resources for Labs #130 and #132:
- Grinding Room (#130A) – Belt sanders (4) with particle debris ventilation, (1) vertical disc sander, downdraft-grinding tables (2) with part-holding vices
- (2) Augmented arc welding training systems
- (2) Virtual reality training systems