919 Campus Drive
Big Rapids, MI 49307
The following specific admission requirements for Ferris State University Welding Engineering Technology BS degree program are in effect for the fall 2021 academic semester.
To be eligible for the Welding Engineering Technology, the following requirements must be met:
New Student Admission Requirements
- The Welding Engineering Technology, BS degree is only open to students who meet the Transfer Student Admission Requirements below.
- High school students interested in this program may apply to the Welding Technology, AAS program.
Transfer Student Admission Requirements
- Must have completed an Associate of Applied Science degree in Welding Technology.
- 3.00 College GPA (on a 4.00 scale)
- Placement in MATH 130
- Placement in EEET 301
- Completed PHYS 211, ETEC 140 and MATL 240 or equivalents
Upon referral of a completed student application from the Ferris State Admissions Office, the Welding Program Coordinator evaluates applicants to the WELE BS degree program. As enrollment capacity dictates, successful applicants are placed on the appropriate “Wait List” or accepted into the WELE BS degree program for the requested academic semester. Applicants are notified of their current standing by the FSU Admissions Office and by a letter directly from the Welding Engineering Technology Department.
Additional information can be requested from the Welding Engineering Technology Department Office at 231-591-2511 or via email at [email protected].
General Transfer Admissions information and an online application to Ferris State can be found at the following web links.