919 Campus Drive
Big Rapids, MI 49307
New Student Admission Requirements
- 2.75 High School GPA (on a 4.00 scale) (2.50 -2.74 with college approval)
- Minimum Composite Score of ACT 19/SAT 990, Math Score of ACT 19/SAT 500, English ACT 14/SAT 450 Evidence-Based Reading and Writing
- Placement into MATH 115
Transfer Student Admission Requirements
- 3.00 College GPA (on a 4.00 scale)
- MATH 110 with a grade of B or higher
- ENGL 074 with a grade of B or higher
Upon referral of a completed student application from the Ferris State Admissions Office, the Welding Program Coordinator evaluates applicants to the WELT AAS degree program. As enrollment capacity dictates, successful applicants are placed on the program “Wait List” or accepted into the WELT AAS degree program for the requested academic semester. Applicants are notified of their current standing by the FSU Admissions Office.
Additional information can be requested from the Welding Engineering Technology Department Office at (231) 591-2511 or via email at [email protected].