919 Campus Drive
Big Rapids, MI 49307
To success fully complete the internship course WELD-393, the intern must demonstrate the ability to work in a real world welding engineering position. The following are requirements of the course and all must be successfully completed.
- The Intern will
- Be employed in a welding engineering capacity for a minimum of 10 weeks and 400 hours.
- As part of his/her internship experience, solve a welding engineering type problem for his/her employer.
- Submit consecutive, weekly status reports via Ferris State Blackboard to the FSU internship coordinator.
- Make a presentation of his/her special project to his/her peers at Ferris State University.
- The employer will
- Provide meaningful work assignments in welding engineering.
- Evaluate the intern once during his/her internship upon completion of at least 90% of the internship.
- Provide a professional-level supervisor and mentor for the intern
- The FSU Internship Coordinator will
- Visit each intern at his/her work site.
- Review weekly status reports from interns.
- Act as liaison between the intern and employer.
- Evaluate the intern on his/her internship.
- Review employer evaluations of intern.
- Assign student grade upon semester completion.