919 Campus Drive
Big Rapids, MI 49307
Ferris' MFGE program uses a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary approach with classes in several departments. Through class work with hands-on training, our dynamic program prepares students for a variety of jobs. Graduates in the program are highly sought after by employers. Job opportunities for MFGE grades are found across the entire spectrum of manufacturing. Many of our graduates step into positions in many facets of engineering - manufacturing, process, production, tool, industrial and quality.
What to do with your degree in Manufacturing Engineering Technology:
- Design manufacturing processes to make products cheaper and faster.
- Work as a project manager and help launch new products.
- Become a troubleshooter and improve processes.
- Further your education in grad school.
- Become a corporate manager.
- Assure product quality as a Quality Engineer or manager
- Work in many exciting fields including aerospace, automotive, medical, furniture and building components.
Entry-level job titles: tool engineer, quality engineer, process engineer, manufacturing cost estimator, manufacturing engineer
Advanced job titles: plant manager, superintendent of operations, vice president, manufacturing engineering manager, project manager, quality manager;