East Michigan Eye Center701 S. Ballenger Hwy.
Flint, MI 48532 (810) 238-3603
Fax: (810) 767-5194
Michigan Eye Institute4499 Town Center Pkwy Flint, MI 48532 Michigan Eye Institute Externship Page
This externship site requires 2 days at East Michigan Eye Center and 3 days at Michigan Eye Institute.
Type of Practice: Private
MCO Students Per Rotation: 1
You should contact Dr. Glauch 6 weeks prior to the beginning of your rotation to verify dates, times, directions, parking, and any other instructions. Completion of specific health requirements may be required, please check with your site. Report to the address above at 8:00 a.m. the first day of the rotation for orientation to policies, clinical protocol, administrative procedures, etc.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Daniel Taylor, Director of Externships at [email protected] or (231) 591-3707.
- Operating Hours: M-F, 8am-5pm
- Hours of direct patient care for extern per day: 8 (40 per week)
- Number of patients seen by extern per day: 25-50
Improve students diagnostic techniques, efficiency and management strategies, and provide insight into how optometry fits into a busy ophthalmological/optometric clinical setting.
Scope of the Externship
PC - Primary Care, CL - Contact Lens, VT - VT Evaluation, LV - LV Evaluation, PD - Pediatric, OD - Ocular Disease, F/U - F/U to monitor Tx plan, PRE - Pre-op, POST - Post-op, SC - Screening/ total numbers
Not provided by the facility
- Nina Glauch, O.D., FAAO
Clinical Teaching Faculty
Nina Glauch, O.D., FAAO
Chris Cukrowski, D.O.
Other Clinical Mentors
Walt Cukrowski, M.D.
Anu Patel, M.D.
Linda Day, M.D.
- 3 opticians
- 15 optometric technicians/assistants
- 7 office staff personnel
- 2 medical records personnel
- Flint: pop. 96,500
- One hour each day is set aside for clinic/case discussion or formal lecture presentation
- Angiography, lasers, photography, ACS outpatinet surgery, A-scan is available at this site
- Auxiliary Equipment:
- Humphrey x2 Visual Field Analyzer
- OCT SD x2
- Goldmann Tonometer
- Manual Keratometer, hand held auto R/K
- Fundus Camera
- BIO with condensing lens
- Fundus Non-Contact Lenses
- Fundus Contact Lenses
- Corneal Pachymetry
- A scan ultrasound
- Digitalized Angiography