How to Apply
Register and apply with the Optometry Residency Match by the ORMatch published deadline. Please include the following with your application:
- Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official Transcripts from applicant’s school or college of optometry
- NBEO scores (copies can be sent; ORMatch will forward official scores)
- Copy of state license, if already licensed to practice optometry in any state
- Three letters of recommendation uploaded to the National Matching Service System
The program supervisor will contact the applicant to arrange for an interview.
- OD degree attained from a school or college of optometry accredited by the Accreditation Council on Optometric Education (ACOE).
- Successful completion of NBEO examination
- Able to obtain an optometry license in the state of the residency applied for
- Selections are made by residency faculty or committee based on application materials
- All applicants will be evaluated without regard to gender, race, creed, national origin,
or non-disqualifying physical disabilities.
Candidates will be notified of the match results by ORMatch on the date specified
on the ORMatch website. Within 10 days, the program supervisor will send a confirmation
letter to matched candidates.