Program Educational Objectives & Student Outcomes
Program Educational Objectives
These are the program objectives for the Bachelor of Science in Information Security
- Become ethical members of the information security or intelligence profession.
- Become experts at applying computing principles to produce effective computing solutions.
- Be successful in computing or related careers, or in pursuing advanced degrees.
- Continue to show personal and professional growth.
Student Educational Outcomes
These are the student outcomes for the Bachelor of Science in Information Security
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other
relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing
requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice
based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate
to the program’s discipline.
- An ability to apply security principles and practices to the environment, hardware,
software, and human aspects of a system.
- An ability to analyze and evaluate systems with respect to maintaining operations
in the presence of risks and threats.