If you were selected for the financial aid verification process for 2021-22 and you submit all required documentation needed to complete
verification prior to May 15, 2021, you will automatically be entered into a drawing for one of the awesome prizes listed
Is the possibility of winning an amazing, valuable prize not enough incentive for
you to complete verification early? Here are a few more reasons to do it now:
1) It will reduce your stress level at the beginning of the new school year.
2) You won't have to worry about your classes being dropped because you haven't been
awarded financial aid.
3) You won't be annoyed by phone calls asking you how you are going to pay your charges.
4) Your financial aid will be reflected on your e-bill and you will have more time
to figure out how much additional money you will need.
5) More time to apply for alternative loan or payment plan options.
4) You have to do it anyway, just think about how good you are going to feel if you
win those Air Pods!
- Air Pods (2 winners)
- Main Campus Parking Passes (2 winners)
- $50 Akademos bookstore gift cards (5 winners)
- Meal passes for the Rock Cafe (15 winners)
- Ferris State or Kendall College of Art & Design t-shirts (20 winners)
- Bulldog Boxes full of FSU swag! (20 winners)
- Student must be selected for verification for the 2021-22 academic year and have submitted
all requirements that are needed for the Financial Aid office to complete the verification
process, and register for classes for fall 2021 semester to be eligible for this prize
- Verification requirements may be added at any time. Keep an eye on the missing requirements
section of your MyFSU Financial Aid page for any new requirements.
- How do you know if you were selected for verification? You will see a a Dependent
Verification Form 2021-2022 or Independent Verification Form 2021-2022 missing requirement
in the financial aid section of MyFSU.
- There is no application for the drawing. Winners will be randomly selected from students
that have submitted all verification documents by the May 15th deadline.
- It is strongly recommended that you submit your required documentation as soon as
possible using our Secure Document Upload option. (Don't take a chance on your documents getting lost in the mail or not being
received on a FAX machine)
- We can accept SIGNED copies of 2019 federal 1040 tax returns for purposes of verification. This is faster
than IRS Data Retrieval or waiting for tax transcripts from the IRS. Please make sure
you (or your parent or spouse) has SIGNED the tax return in ink. We cannot accept an unsigned tax return - even if you filed it electronically with
the IRS. See examples on this webpage.
- Students that have already completed the process will automatically be included in
the drawing - no further action required.
- The drawing for prizes will be held on June 1. Winners will be notified via their
Ferris email and will be provided with instructions for claiming their prizes.