1201 S. State Street,
Big Rapids, MI 49307
If you were selected for the financial aid verification process for 2022-23 and you submit all required documentation needed to complete verification prior to May 13, 2022, you will automatically be entered into a drawing for one of the awesome prizes listed below:
- Air Pods (2 winners)
- Main Campus Parking Passes (2 winners)
- Ferris Sweatshirts (2 winners)
- Meal passes for the Rock Cafe (10 winners)
- Ferris State or Kendall College of Art & Design t-shirts (10 winners)
- Backpacks full of FSU swag! (10 winners)
Is the possibility of winning an amazing, valuable prize not enough incentive for you to complete verification early? Here are a few more reasons to do it now:
1) It will reduce your stress level at the beginning of the new school year. 2) You won't have to worry about your classes being dropped because you haven't been awarded financial aid. 3) You won't be annoyed by phone calls asking you how you are going to pay your charges. 4) Your financial aid will be reflected on your e-bill and you will have more time to figure out how much additional money you will need. 5) More time to apply for alternative loan or payment plan options. 4) You have to do it anyway, just think about how good you are going to feel if you win those Air Pods!
- Student must be selected for verification for the 2022-23 academic year and have submitted all requirements that are needed for the Financial Aid office to complete the verification process, and register for classes for fall 2022 semester to be eligible for this prize drawing.
- Verification requirements may be added at any time. Keep an eye on the missing requirements section of your MyFSU Financial Aid page for any new requirements.
- How do you know if you were selected for verification? You will see a a Dependent Verification Form 2022-2023 or Independent Verification Form 2022-2023 missing requirement in the financial aid section of MyFSU.
- There is no application for the drawing. Winners will be randomly selected from students that have submitted all verification documents by the May 13th deadline.
- It is strongly recommended that you submit your required documentation as soon as possible using our Secure Document Upload option. (Don't take a chance on your documents getting lost in the mail or not being received on a FAX machine)
- We can accept SIGNED copies of 2020 federal 1040 tax returns for purposes of verification. This is faster than IRS Data Retrieval or waiting for tax transcripts from the IRS. Please make sure you (or your parent or spouse) has SIGNED the tax return in ink. We cannot accept an unsigned tax return - even if you filed it electronically with the IRS. See examples on this webpage.
- Students that have already completed the process will automatically be included in the drawing - no further action required.
- The drawing for prizes will be held on June 1. Winners will be notified via their Ferris email and will be provided with instructions for claiming their prizes.