1201 S. State Street,
Big Rapids, MI 49307
The Detroit Promise ensures that any eligible Detroit-resident student graduating from a high school in the city of Detroit will have a tuition-free path to a bachelor's degree at Ferris State University. The Detroit Promise is administered by the Detroit Regional Chamber in partnership with the city's Detroit Promise Zone. This award is supported by five participating community colleges and 18 four-year universities.
Award for Incoming First-Year Undergraduates - Fall 2023
- Funding from Detroit Promise will cover up to the full cost of tuition minus federal, state and other university merit or need-based aid.
- This award is renewable for up to four consecutive years of study.
To retain the award
- File the annual FAFSA and complete any missing requirements
- Must have a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 to qualify
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Maintain full-time enrollment (12 or more credit hours per semester) during the fall and spring semesters on the Big Rapids main campus or Kendall College of Art & Design.
- Meet all Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements
- If you earn a bachelor's degree in less than four years, your scholarship will terminate at that time.
Access the Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce to determine if you are eligible for this program and to apply for the Detroit Promise.