1201 S. State Street,
Big Rapids, MI 49307
Nervous About Accepting Your Aid?
We understand that you may be nervous about accepting your financial aid award. What if you change your mind and decide not to attend Ferris State or Kendall College of Art & Design, or what if you get a scholarship or some other financial aid later and don't need a loan that you have accepted?
No worries! Students are protected by federal financial aid regulations. If you accept student loans now and change your plans or change your mind later, you may easily cancel your student loans by emailing us a request to do so. There are no tricks - we are here to work for you.
- Log into Ferris360.
- Search for "Financial Aid Award Offer" and select it from the search results.
- In the Financial Aid Awards section, select "Award Offer".
- Enter the appropriate academic year (for Fall 2023 select Award Year 2023-2024).
- Select the Terms and Conditions tab, read - then click on "Accept".
- Now you may access your Accept Award Offer tab.
- If you are going to accept all of the aid offered to you including student loans, you are encouraged to select yes to the two authorizations* located below your award offer, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Accept Full Amount All Awards".
- If you do not wish to accept all of the aid offered to you including the full amount of the student loan offer(s), then you may either accept a partial amount or decline the individual loan offers. Please note that if your financial aid award is for the academic year (fall and spring semesters) the amount of loan you accept will be divide in half. Half for fall and half for spring. Example: If you need $500 for fall semester, you would accept $1000 ($500 for fall, $500 for spring). You are encouraged to select yes to the two authorizations* located below your award offer, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Submit Decision". Please note that if you select "Accept Full Amount All Awards" the system will override your decisions and accept the full amounts.
- Check the bottom of page for any unsatisfied Disbursement Requirements. If you accept student loans there will be two online processes listed there that you will need to complete to finalize the loans.
*We encourage all students to say yes to the two authorizations at the bottom of the award offer page. The first allows your financial aid to apply to any charges that you authorize - including Health Center charges, parking pass charges – things of that nature. The second authorization allows your aid to pay charges from a prior semester (if applicable). This is rare, but is also a good idea. As an example if you owed charges from fall semester, this authorization would allow your spring financial aid to cover that prior balance.