If you were selected for the Verification Process, you are required to provide tax documentation if you worked and filed a 2018 federal tax return. Parents and Independent students (and spouses) that worked but were not required to file a tax return must provide an "IRS Verification of Non-Filing Letter". Dependent students are not required to provide this document.
To obtain an IRS Verification of Non-Filing Letter use this form: IRS Form 4506-T. Please make sure that the Form 4506-T Form that you are using has "September 2018" in the upper left corner, under the form name.
- Complete sections 1-4.
- Do not enter a third party in number 5 - leave blank.
- Leave the fill in space in number 6 blank.
- Check the boxes to the right of numbers 6a (Return Transcript) and 7- Verification of Non-Filing.
- In number 9, indicate the dates of the tax year you are requesting. If you need a letter of non-filing for 2018, enter: 01/01/2018 - 12/31/2018.
- Check the box next to the "Signatory attests..." statement.
- Sign, date and enter your phone number.
- Fax the form to the IRS at: (855) 800-8105
- You should receive either a Tax Return Transcript or Verification of Non-Filing letter from the IRS via US mail within one week. If you do not receive the documentation, re-fax the request.
- Submit the IRS documentation to the Financial Aid office.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Tax filers that were not required to file a tax return must first attempt to obtain a letter of non-filing from the IRS. However, if you are unable to obtain said letter of non-filing, please select the appropriate Verification of Non-Filing form below. Print, complete and submit that form along with copies of any income sources as listed on the form.