Martinsburg VA Medical Center510 Butler Ave Martinsburg, WV 25405 Phone: 303-263-0811 x 3919 Fax: 304-579-2570
Type of Practice:Veterans Administration Hospital & Outpatient Clinic
Number of MCO Students per rotation:
1 - Winter
At VA Martinsburg Healthcare System, our health care teams are deeply experienced and guided by the needs of Veterans, their families, and caregivers.
Please contact Dr. Lisa Beard 6 weeks prior to the beginning of your rotation to verify dates, times, directions, parking, and any other information. Please check with the site for specific health testing requirements.
Lisa Beard, OD
Email: [email protected]
Clinical Teaching Faculty:
- Lisa Beard, OD
- Tamseela Khan, OD
- Matthew Beard, OD
- Lorie Logan, OD
- 8 Optometric Technicicans
- 2 Opticians
- 4 Office Staff Personnel
- 1 Medical Records Personnel
Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Number of patients seen by extern per day: 7-8
- To provide a high level of clinical training and didactic education to 4th year optometry externs in order to prepare them to confidently diagnose and manage a variety of ocular disease, including glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, and diabetic retinopathy.
- Externs will be comfortable ordering labs, imaging, and other diagnostic tests
- Externs will gain experience in low vision and TBI rehab specialty clinics.
Housing is provided to the extern by the facilty, advanced notice is required.
Located 78 miles north west of Washington DC, the m artinsburg area offers a mix of rural and urban. The Potomac River is nearby, with outdoor activities, such as kayaking, fishing, and white-water rafting. The C&O trail is a 185-mile trail that is great for bicycling, running, and walking. The historic town of Harpers Ferry is only a 20-minute drive away and offers museums, restaurants, and hiking trails.
- Zeiss Cirrus OCT
- Topcon Tonometer
- Nidek tonoref II Autorefractor
- Keeler vintage plus binocular indorect opthalmoscope
- Volk 3 mirror fundus lenses
- Zeiss Atlas topographer
- DG pachmate 2 corneal pachymetry
- Ellex Eye-Cubed a scan ultrasound
- Rehabilitative Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- General Practice Medicine
- Dispencing pharmacy
- Clinical pharmacy
- Internet Access Available
- Journal club 2 hrs/week
If you have any questions, please contact (231) 591-2187 Dr. Sara Bush, Director of Externships - [email protected].