Charles E. Egeler Correctional Facility
Duane Waters Hospital Optometry Clinic
3857 Cooper Street
Jackson, MI 49201
Video Testimony: "The Safe Working Environment at Duane Waters Hospital"
Type of Practice:
Number of MCO students per rotation:
The Mission of Health Care Services within the Central Region Clinical Complex and Duane L. Waters Hospital is to provide the highest quality of services possible in the most cost effective manner, while maintaining a safe environment for the staff, visitors, and prisoners we serve.
You should contact Paul Freudigman
[email protected] 8 weeks in advance of your rotation to verify dates, times, directions, parking, and any other specific health test instructions. Interns MUST have a valid (active) driver license. NEW 2019- Urine drug testing and fingerprinting.
Report to address listed above at 8:00 a.m., first day of your rotation, for orientation to policies, clinical protocol, administrative procedures, etc. Go past the main prison complex to the drive leading to Duane Waters Hospital. Parking is provided in the lot outside of the hospital. Enter in the lobby and check in with the receptionist. They will contact the facility trainer, who will conduct your training for the day, set up your ID photos, tours, etc. The next day, once again enter the lobby and check in. The receptionist will contact your instructor, and he will conduct your clinic orientation that morning. You will see patients in the afternoon.
Teaching Clinical Adjunct Faculty:
Chad Linsley, O.D.
Email: [email protected]
Robbie Pairolero, O.D.
Dr. Bill Hooker, O.D.
Paul Freudigman [email protected]
- Jackson: pop. 45,000
- Lansing nearby: pop. 600,000
- Conveniently located near Lansing, Ann Arbor, Detroit, and Battle Creek
- Possible to live on one of the many nearby lakes
- Jackson is known for its many public golf courses with low greens fees
- Points of Interest: Michigan Space Center, Cascade Falls, Michigan Speedway
- Reference library available for student use
- Internet access available
- One hour each week is set aside for clinic/case discussion or formal lecture
- Tele-optometry connection with Ferris State University for Grand Rounds
- Gain valuable insight from working with five different private practice optometrists each week
- Vision and Eye health screenings one half day per week per intern.
If you have any questions, please contact (231) 591-2187 Dr. Sara Bush, Director of Externships - [email protected].