Baker Eye Care
1700 N. Stephenson Ave
Iron Mountain, MI 49801
Type of Practice:
Please contact Dr. Dane Baker 6 - 8 weeks prior to the first day of the rotation to verify dates, times, directions, parking, and any other instructions. Specific health requirements must be completed, please check with your site.
If you have any questions, please contact (231-591-3845) (Dr. David Durkee, Director of Externships, [email protected]
Dane Baker, O.D.
Clinical Teaching Faculty:
Dane Baker, O.D.
Other Clinical Mentors:
Support Staff: Technicians, Opticians, staff personnel, Medical Records personnel
Monday thru Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Hours of direct patient care for extern per day:
8+ (40+ per week)
Number of patients seen by extern per day:
1. Clinical decision formulation-we will work with students to improve their hierarchy of decision making (ie. how often to follow
up with a neovascular glaucoma patient vs. a LTG (Raynaud's induced glaucoma patient).
2. Clinical procedural enhancement (students will be using their spud, Alger brush and punctal plug skillset regularly).
We utilize our scope of care fully. Our students can expect to be applying their skill set learned in their procedural
3. Evidence based medicine--students will be expected to apply the most recent studies in their decision making process
(i.e. PEDIG 1 and PEDIG 2 studies and how they relate to amblyopia treatment.
Our educational objectives are to train our students to be well versed in all facets of eye care. From pediatrics to
geriatrics each student will receive the quality time needed to formulate correct decision making. We expect our students
to come in with a solid educational foundation to support our objectives.
Scope of the Externship:
Primary Care, CL - Contact Lens, PD - Pediatric, Health
Approximate cost of housing is $300 - $500.00 a month.
Iron Mountain/Kingsford population 15,000
Green Bay, WI 300,000 population
- Time is set aside weekly clinic/case discussion or formal lecture (Grand Rounds)
- Reference library available for student use
- Internet access available