Andersen Eye Associates
5161 Cardinal Park Drive
Saginaw, MI 48604
Fax: (989) 249-1035
Student Evaluation of Site
Type of Practice: Private
MCO Students Per Rotation:
In close association with Covenant Hospital, and through an alliance with Andersen Eye Institute (a non-profit education, research, and service foundation), Andersen Eye Associates (a private ophthalmology/optometry practice) will develop the leading private full-service eye care and eye wear delivery system in our service region.
Andersen Eye Associates does require the COVID-19 vaccination. However, medical and religious exemptions will be accepted.
If you are fully vaccinated, masks are not required but if you are not vaccinated then masks are required.
You should contact Dr. Jason Donahue 6 weeks prior to the beginning of your rotation to verify dates, times, directions, parking, and any other instructions. Completion of specific health requirements may be required, please check with your site. Report to the address above at 8:00 a.m. the first day of the rotation for orientation to policies, clinical protocol, administrative procedures, etc.
- Operating Hours: M-F, 8am-5pm, and one late afternoon until 7pm
- Hours of direct patient care for extern per day: 8 (40 per week)
- Number of patients seen by extern per day: 8-10
- Jason Donahue, O.D., Saginaw
Clinical Teaching Faculty
Heidi Bauer Skelley, O.D., Comprehensive Optometry - Bay City
Jason Donahue, O.D., Low Vision Certified - Site Director
Other Clinical Mentors
- Sundhar Ramasamy, M.D. - Retina and Vitreious Diseases
- Miriam Schteingart, M.D. - Cornea, External Diseases & Uveitis
- Gregory Hazen, M.D. - Oculoplastics
- Tim Pan, D.O. - Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Mike Bain, B.C.O. - Ocular Prosthetics
- Eric Collier, D.O. - Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Laxmi Devisetty- Retinal Specialist
- Shafiq Jivanjee - Glaucoma Specialist
- 4 opticians
Not provided by the facility
Approximate cost: $600/mo. (monthly leases available)
- Saginaw and Saginaw Township: pop. 150,000
- Saginaw Symphony
- Midland Center for Performing Arts
- Minor League Hockey
- Humphrey RU750 Visual Field Analyzer
- Anterior Segment Photographic Biomicroscope
- Fundus Contact Lenses
- Gonioscopy Lenses
- Argon and YAG Lasers
- Fundus Camera
- BIO with condensing lens
- Fundus Non-Contact Lenses (Volk 78 and 90)
- Digitalized Angiography
- A & B scans
- PDT Laser
- Nex Gen Electronic Medical Record
- One hour each day is set aside for clinic/case discussion or formal lecture presentation (when working with Dr. Bauer Skelley)
- Reference library available for student use
- Internet access available
- Grand Rounds at quarterly CE
- LV Rehabilitation and occupational therapist training - approximately 60 low vision patients per month
- Audiology screening in vision exam
- Community Diabetic/Glaucoma Screenings and Support Group
- Opportunity for interested students to gain experience with private optometric practice
- Fellowship trained ophthalmologist in cornea, retina, glaucoma, refractive surgery, and oculoplastics.
- In house surgery observations available for all specialties.
If you have any questions, please contact (231) 591-2187 Dr. Sara Bush, Director of Externships - [email protected].