2822 Venture Dr. Marquette, MI 49855
Type of Practice:
Please contact Dr. Heidi Johnson 6 weeks prior to the beginning of your rotation to verify dates, times, directions, parking, and any other information. Please check with the site for specific health testing requirements.
If you have any questions, please contact (231) 591-3717 Dr. Daniel Taylor, Director of Externships - [email protected] .
Heidi Johnson, OD, FCOVD
E-mail: [email protected]
Clinical Teaching Faculty:
Medical Records Personnel
Externs Scheduled Hours
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Number of patients seen by extern per day:
Minimum of one complete exam per hour and follow-ups as needed.
(Requirement may change depending upon which rotation and progression throughout the semester).
Directions to Clinic:
Travel on US-41N
Turn right onto Commerce Dr
Turn left onto Venture Dr, location will be on the right
- Educational Objectives:
To improve the extern's ability to:
- To be clinically proficient in diagnostic techniques and learn alternative testing techniques for pediatric, brain injured and special needs patients
- To develop communication skills with patients, staff and referral sources
- Improve interpretation, review and explanation of diagnostic testing (ant/post OCT, VF, Right Eye)
- Provide a wide range of patient experiences with ocular and systemic pathologies
- To offer opportunity to develop techniques for full sensorimotor, developmental and visual processing and perceptual examinations as well as exposure to developing Vision Therapy program.
- Experience with all types of contact lenses including all soft lenses, RGP, multifocal contacts, scleral contact lenses and lenses for corneal pathology
- Exposure to dry eye diagnosis and therapies
It is the responsibility of the intern to find housing. Cost is estimated at $450/month.
On the shore of Lake Superior: beautiful natural environment with opportunity for hiking, water and snow sports as well as mountain biking. Temperate with heavy snowfall; Northern Michigan University is located nearby
- Internet access available.
- Auxiliary Equipment: