Chico Eye Center Medical Group
605 W East Ave.
Chico, CA 95926
Fax: (530) 895-1506
Type of Practice: Private OD/MD
MCO Students Per Rotation:
At Chico Eye Center we strive to consistently exceed the service and patient-care expectations of our patients and do so by investing in staff education and the most advanced treatment modalities. Our patients are also our friends, our neighbors, and our family; the interests of our patients have the highest priority.
You should contact Dr. Marina Rocchi 6 weeks prior to the beginning of your rotation to verify dates, times, directions, parking, and any other instructions. Completion of specific health requirements may be required, please check with your site. Report to the address above at 8:00 a.m. the first day of the rotation for orientation to policies, clinical protocol, administrative procedures, etc.
- Operating Hours: M-F, 7:50am-5pm
- Hours of direct patient care for extern per day: 8 (40 per week)
- Number of patients seen by extern per day: 8-10
Marina Rocchi, O.D.
Clinical Teaching Faculty
- Marina Rocchi, O.D.
- Pablo Arregui, M.D.
- Ben Gilbert, M.D.
- Heidi Houlihan, M.D.
- Sean Liston, M.D.
- Kristiane Ransbarger, M.D.
- 6 full time opticians, 1 part time optician
- 22 optometric technicians/assistants
- 2 medical records personnel
- 18 office staff personnel
Approximate cost: $1,000/mo.
- Chico: pop. 100,000
- Close to Sacramento: pop. 508,529
- Chico is a college town that keeps a small town feel as it has developed into the vibrant regional center for business, recreation and cultural activities.
- Minor League Hockey
- Humphrey 3860 Visual Field Analyzer
- Cirrus HD OCT
- Cirrus HD OCT 5000
- 22-4501 MARCO EPIC
- Tono-pen XL
- Keeler ophthalmoloscope
- Propper HWO 30
- Visucam 224
- Posner gonioprism 096217
- ATLAS 9000
- Pachmate DGH55
- Ultrasonic Ascan DGH5000
- Chico Eye Center has the only pediatric ophthalmologists and cornea specilaist in the area.
- Extern can gain experience workingwith staff, including a scribe.
- Internet access available
- 5 hours a week is set aside for case discussion
- Out-patient surgery, light adjustable lens for Catsx, corneal crosslinking available
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Daniel Taylor, Director of Externships at [email protected] or (231) 591-3706.