Staying connected with our alumni is very important to us. Here are the many ways you can get or stay connected. Do you have news to share with the MCO family? Do you need to update your contact information so you can receive MCO’s Focal Points, CE information and other news? Have a question or want more information about something? Click here to submit your message (link to contact form).
- Share your experience with our students. If you would enjoy connecting with students either face-to-face or virtually to share your knowledge and experience, we can help! Submit your information and topic here (link to contact form). If it matches up with a particular curricular area or would benefit our students’ professional development, we will contact you with potential methods to make it happen.
- Connect with us on social media. Be sure to like our Facebook page and connect on Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Peruse our Focal Points eMagazine. Ensure you are receiving each edition by email and let us know if not. That means we probably have an old email. Enjoy the content and share your stories and news with us (link to contact form).
- Attend our Alumni receptions and events. Be on the lookout for alumni events near you or at a meeting you are attending. Our most popular receptions are at the American Academy of Optometry Annual Meeting and the MCO Summer CE.
- Connect with our Private Practice Club. Our active Michigan Optometric Student Private Practice Association (MOSPPA) is always looking to connect with alumni, whether it be for their annual conference, career opportunities, mentorship or meeting speakers. Reach out to them here using the link under student organizations.
- Join our MCO Alumni Association board. We are currently seeking members to join our voluntary board. In this role, you would support the work of MCO, serve as an ambassador for the college to our alumni and friends and provide counsel to the college on matters facing our alumni and the profession. The time commitment is minimal. Reach out to [email protected] or use the contact form (link) to learn more.
- Support our students and college with gift. Your contributions are valued, whether they be financial or a donation of your time or expertise. Financial gifts can be directed to a cause of your choice, including student scholarships or other student support. To learn more, click here or contact us to begin a discussion about the ways you can help.
- Attend our CE. We typically host one large summer CE event each year and, at times, additional smaller events. As we look to enhance and expand or CE offerings, we appreciate your support in attending them, both from a financial perspective as their revenue supports our college’s operating expenses and from a personal connection standpoint. We love welcoming you back to MCO and reconnecting at CE and alumni events.