Type of Practice:
To improve the health and well-being of our communities.
Taking health care to a better place.
Please contact Dr. Daniel Mlnarik 6 weeks prior to the beginning of your rotation to verify dates, times, directions, parking, and any other information. Please check with the site for specific health testing requirements.
If you have any questions, please contact (231) 591-2187- Dr. Sara Bush, Director of Externships - [email protected] .
Daniel Mlnarik, OD
E-mail: [email protected]
Clinical Teaching Faculty:
Daniel Mlnarik, OD
Matt Borr, DO
Medical Records Personnel
Externs Scheduled Hours
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Number of patients seen by extern per day:
Minimum of one complete exam per hour and follow-ups as needed.
(Requirement may change depending upon which rotation and progression throughout the semester).
Directions to Clinic:
Take the 54th St exit (exit 78) off of US-131.
Turn right onto 54th Street SW, continue onto Gezon Pkwy SW
Turn left onto Center Dr, Metro Health will be on the right.
- Educational Objectives:
To improve the extern's ability to:
- To improve basic physical, and medical science foundations.
- To further develop new clinical skills and testing protocols through clinical experience and attending oversight.
- To further enhance clinical decision making
- To improve knowledge of ocular pathology
- To expand professional communication and interdisciplinary (medical and non-medical) interaction capabilities
- To learn methods of continued professional development
It is the responsibility of the intern to find housing. As Grand Rapids has several colleges and universities, short term housing should not be difficult to arrange. Cost can range from $500-$1500/month.
Grand Rapids offers
Grand Rapids is voted 13th out of 125 Best Places to live in the Midwest by U.S. News and World Report. Grand Rapids has a lively downtown, music, restaurant and bar scene. The Frederick Meijer Botanical Gardens, Lake Michigan beaches, and John Ball Zoo are all local attractions. Grand Rapids is often described as a big-city-with-a-small-town-fell, making this a desired location to live and work.
- Internet access available.
- Auxiliary Equipment: