This program is available to FSU students in the RN to BSN Completion Program. It
is recommended that applicants to the MSN program have two (2) years full-time clinical
nursing experience, but this is not required.
RN to MSN Accelerated Track Progression/Application Process
- Apply and be accepted into the RN to BSN Completion Program
- Let your advisor know you are interested in pursuing the RN to MSN Accelerated Track
- Complete RN to MSN course bridgework:
- NURS 320 Professional Nursing Skill Development: 3 credit
- NURS 324 Transition into Professional Nursing: 3 credits
- Service Learning Project
- NURS 310 Population Based Health Promotion: 3 credits
- COHP 350 Statistics in Health Care: 3 credits
- NURS 340 Community Nursing: 3 credits
- COHP 450 Evidence based Health Care: 3 credits
- NURS 440 Leadership in Nursing: 3 credits
- Complete general education credits required:
- Communication Competence: 12 credits
- Scientific Understanding: 7 credits
- Social Awareness Electives: 9 credits
- Cultural Enrichment Electives: 9 credits
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA in all your NURS courses.
- Apply to the MSN Program at the beginning of your last semester of course bridgework.