Application Period for Clinical Programs
All students are required to submit an application for acceptance to their clinical
program. This is a yearly application cycle for the upcoming academic year.
Submitting the Application
Click "Start Your Application" to fill out the online application.
Start Your ApplicationClinical Application FAQ
- Unofficial transcripts are required with the application if you have transfer classes
that do not appear on your unofficial transcript record in MyFSU. Please submit a
copy in .doc, .jpg, or .pdf format.
- If you have difficulty accessing the electronic application or receive an error message,
please include those details along with your name and student ID number in an email
to [email protected]
New Students or Returning Students
If you are a student who has never applied to Ferris or are not currently enrolled
during the Spring semester, follow these steps:
- Submit your application for admission to the University or re-entry to your chosen program. Be sure to apply
the semester you intend to begin the program.
- Dental Hygiene - Fall
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography - Fall
- Medical Laboratory Technology/Science - Summer
- Nuclear Medicine Technology - Summer
- Nursing - Fall
- Radiography - Fall
- Once you have been admitted or readmitted to the University, you will be able to submit
an application to your chosen program.
If you have difficulty accessing the program application, email [email protected].
CHP Competitive Program Entry
Competitive seats are available for the Nursing, Dental Hygiene, Diagnostic Medical
Sonography, and Radiography program. Up to 25% of the seats accepted each year are
available for competitive entry.
Competitive Seat Qualifications
To qualify for a competitive seat, you must meet all of the following requirements.
- Have a current 3.70 GPA at Ferris State University
- Complete all qualifying courses for the clinical program with no repeats
- Declare the clinical concentration by the semester prior to the application cycle
- Nursing and Dental Hygiene students must have completed 24 credit hours
- Radiography and Diagnostic Medical Sonography students must have completed 12 credit
Competitive Seat Application Process
- Submit your electronic application to the clinical program.
- Complete the competitive seat application for your program and email it to [email protected] during the appropriate application timeline (February 1-15 or March 15-30).